Saturday, February 19, 2005

Tipitinas,etc.

Tipitinas is one of my favorite places in the entire world. Tipitinas, a certain hotel in Marrakech, my backyard in Little Rock, the brick path that leads to Lee Chapel, stage left of the Johnson Theatre: little places that make me believe in Heaven.

Tipitinas is a bar and music venue about five minutes (by car) from my house in Uptown. I went tonite and thought of what my favorite places will be next year or five years from now. I expect that hotel in Marrakech will always be in the top five, but I'm sure the others will fade. Tipitinas has that aura of fade already and it's only been in the top five for 3 months. I think it's odd, how the mind/heart works, how you can enjoy something (even love it) and at the same time recognize that it's fleeting. Seems like a chore sometimes, or at the very least it is a massive waste of emotional energy. But I guess I'd be a little less happy if I did not have favorite places, songs, prayers, people, movements, skirts, lipsticks, books, words, fish, and fruits.

No comments: