Sunday, June 05, 2011

Dumbest Injury Ever.

I brusied a rib playing Red Rover.  There's no way to talk your way out of that one, really.  No way to make it sound less embarassing as a 30 year-old woman.  I bruised a rib playing Red Rover and now it hurts to breathe and I can't sleep on my left side (my favorite) or my stomach (my second favorite).  To add insult to an already insulting injury, I burned my back like mad this weekend thanks to long runs, long walks, and outdoor art fairs.  So I can't sleep on my back either (my third favorite).

This leaves my right side (least favorite).  If I do anything to that part of my body I will have to sleep sitting up. 

Bruised ribs from childhood games-gone-wrong.  Sunburns creating the worst tan lines imaginable.  Return of the Freckle that Looks like a Piece of Dirt.

I love summer.  Even when it hurts.

No comments: