Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I miss it


I miss riding in Stephanie's car. She parallel parks much better than me. I miss green salads, ham and brie pitas, diet cokes in wide plastic glasses. I miss wondering what will happen after law school, talking about boys, stopping by Shoenami to try on yellow shoes with gold heels. I miss living in the same city as my girls. I miss parking behind that SUV with the offensive bumper sticker around the corner from Kat's apartment, calling "hellooooo" as I walk up her steps, hearing Stephanie's "yay!" as Kat opens the door. I miss opening wine bottles, slicing up cheese, eating nuts that Steph made too spicey. I miss the Wicker Wonderland.
I miss New Orleans so much it hurts sometimes. And I miss my ladies even more.

1 comment:

C. said...

I really like how you write!! And I know exactly how you feel--leaving my friends and classmates to move onto my PhD leaves a dull ache in my heart for Ann Arbor...and while KC is becoming my town slowly but surely, there are certain things she'll never be.

Anyway, I found you on the WW boards, I think you read my food blog. If you've got that deviant social network on myspace, look me up (toxicologist79). We seem like kindred spirits in someways.

:)