Monday, November 24, 2008

28 Things


So, in honor of the big 2-8 (a milestone birthday for everyone, right?), I will list 28 things I am proud of/happy about/thankful for as of this moment in time. In no particular order:
1. I am 72 lbs lighter than I was for my 25th birthday.
2. I make a mean chocolate cake.
3. I graduated from law school.
4. I passed the bar exam.
5. I finally get to see my kid sister and parents whenever I want, instead of just on holidays.
6. I love my church friends.
7. I have made all my student loan payments on time and I have overpaid (by a teeny, tiny amount) every single time.
8. I am no longer intimidated by butternut squash.
9. Running makes me really happy.
10. The scar on my leg is fading better than I expected.
11. I love my job.
12. I'm going to Dubai in February.
13. I'm proud of my brother and sister.
14. Minneapolis isn't homey, but it feels like it could be eventually.
15. My new mittens are perfect for driving.
16. It's peppermint mocha season at Starbucks.
17. Everyone in my family is healthy and strong and loves God.
18. I no longer have to dial numbers out of the state when I have a bad day. I do have good friends here.
19. I have a small, precious group of ladyfriends who live far away but who I always stay in touch with.
20. I made lasagna and it wasn't awful.
21. I have a dimple in my cheek I never knew about.
22. The Lyn-Lake area is always worth exploring.
23. There are great Ethiopian restaurants here.
24. I've forgiven myself for things.
25. Lake Harriet.
26. I'm heading home to Arkansas tomorrow.
27. Peanut butter on celery.
28. My life makes sense, even on the days it feels a bit wacky.

No comments: