Monday, April 04, 2005

Thank You For Reminding Me That I Am An Idiot

It happens without fail. I think to myself, "I'm okay as long as he doesn't ask me to answer X." And then, what happens? Who gets called on? That's right, folks, moi.

I love the process of self-hatred that spirals out of the "I have made a jackass out of myself" moment.

1. Oh, it wasn't that bad..

2. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had no clue about that one...

3. I'm in school to learn after all..

4. But I should have known that.

5. I did read, dammit.

6. I never should have stayed up late watching Real World.

7. And I should have reread the chapter instead of making my grocery list.

8. And I never should have come to law school.

9. I'm not worth dirt.

1o. I should move to Paris.

11. In Paris no one would think I was dumb for saying, "I don't know."

12. In fact, they'd be impressed I could say, "Je ne sais pas."

13. I should just lock myself in my apartment, chain myself to the couch, and watch reruns of West Wing and calculate the calories ingested when I eat kumquats for dinner.

14. Yup, that's what I'll do.

15. Because I'm worth nothing.

16. I'm worth negative nothing.

17. Like, negative infinity nothing.

18. I should have my toenails removed. With pliers.



Yeah, that's pretty much the progression of self-loathing.

Send me hugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw rrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaeeeee

that sucks. and you are not worth negative infinity nothing. silly duck.