Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I Kinda Sorta Made a Bomb

I have a cold. I bought Emergen-C powder (100% of your vitamin needs in a handy-dandy little packet). I don't like the taste. I decided to mix it with my Diet Mountain Dew. I was unaware of any fizzy properties contained in the Emergen-C powder. I was in a rush to get to Evidence. I was thirsty in class. I took out the Mountain Dew and added the powder, under my desk, thinking I was being incognito. The drink began to overflow. I did not panic, I thought this was merely a small explosion that could be contained without too much hassle. Then it started making fizzy noises and the overflow escalated to an untenable degree. The professor stopped the class and asked, "what is that noise?" I muttered an expletive under my breath and told him I accidently made some sort of mountain dew-related bomb. He looked at me weird. I went to the bathroom to get towels. Came back. Got called on to do the next case.

End of story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is freaking funny. If that would have happened in a class of mine, I probably would have called a bomb threat/chemical warfare evacuation and taken the class outside for the rest of the period (assuming a good day), after laughing my ass off. You would be free to join us after cleaning up your mess.

Next time, I recommend bourbon whiskey with your Mountain Dew. You know, one of those fine bourbons, the kind that come in plastic bottles.