Monday, November 07, 2005

We Have A Winner!

After an intense run-off between Kurt Vonnegut and Henry Miller, it appears that Miller has clinched the title of "Next Book Rachel Will Read" by a mere vote. That's right, folks, one measly click of a mouse. Don't you feel powerful? You are designing my reading experience. With a single motion of your finger you are telling me what to do. Wow. It must be rather daunting, to have that sort of control over a human being.

And now you get to decide what shoes I will wear on Saturday! Those of you who know me well can understand how large a burden I am placing on your shoulders. I am offering up a vital part of my self-expression for your molding. May the force be with you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I haven't given it away, you can have my copy of Tropic of Cancer -- unfortunately it has rather a lot of what Harold Bloom calls "shock and displeasure in marginalia"
-- mostly little notes that read: "This is such CRAP!"