Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tempted by the Fruit of Another

I'm a loyal girl.  While I like to think of myself as of the adventurous sort, I leave room within my penchant for experimentation for vehement(borderline obsessive?) commitment.  Case in point: my decades-long affiliation with the Asics running shoe.  Asics saw me through my first 5K, the loss of 80 lbs, my first 10K, my first half-marathon, and my first marathon.  It has been a noble, dependable shoe.

Unfortunately, it has also been butt ugly and boring. 

Therefore, after years of Asics attachment, my desire for a sexy, sassy, show-stopping shoe has finally defeated my guilt-laden loyalty to my former brand of choice.

The shoe above is called the Nike Lunarglide 3.  Huzzah! Doesn't that just SOUND fast?! And exciting?! And capable-of-getting-my-lazy-ass-out-bed-at-5am-on-a-Tuesday-even-though-I-don't-wanna inspiration?!  That's the plan, at least.  While I've stuck to my marathon training plan like clockwork thus far, my legs have been feeling heavy and I've decided that is because my shoes are both 1) old and 2) boooooring.  Thus, midnight black dynamos with hot pink soles and an electric blue tongue! That'll wake up these legs!  That'll inspire me to conquer 16 miles this coming Saturday!

Right?

Right! 

No comments: