Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Things I Miss About New Orleans

1. The Roman Candy Man
2. Lebanon's
3. Walking to Audobon Park after class and feeding the ducks with Stephanie
4. Riding my bike to Mona's for falafels
5. Reginelli's tomato sauce
6. Random parades
7. Walking down Bourbon with a Hand Grenade
8. Dancing
9. Bread Pudding at Commander's
10. 25 cent martinis at Commander's with my lady friends
11. My spot in the reading room
12. Driving across the Causeway
13. Muriel's
14. Eating beignets at Cafe du Monde at 3am
15. Standing on my porch
16. Opening my windows
17. Sweating
18. Smelling flowers all year
19. Old ladies on bicycles
20. Tipitina's
21. Complaining about how nasty the Bubble food is then going there anyway
22. Canal Place movie theatre
23. U-turns
24. My laugh (I think I left it there by accident)
25. Music coming from nowhere
26. Crawfish boils
27. Professors Davies and Houck
28. Working at the Advocacy Center
29. Going to my church
30. Orange dreamsicle flavored snoballs
31. My quilt
32. Getting new freckles every afternoon
33. Driving downtown and back while listening to Iron & Wine
34. Sitting in Katherine's apartment drinking wine
35. Watching Scrubs
36. The Bulldog
37. Riding the streetcar to the Quarter
38. Shoenami
39. Discovering new places
40. Everything

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kansas city misses you too..it's more subtle and not as loud but if you listen closely you can hear some houlis and some jacob's calling...............

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I really miss the Roman Candy guy. I always kind of felt sorry for him. I also never understood how he stayed in business - the stuff is sticky, sweet, nasty, and not at all tasty. But I agree with the other 39...