Saturday, March 05, 2005

Appellate Brief, Bowler Hats, and Megan's Sleeping

Today I am living in the library, sitting next to Katherine and across from Stephanie, working on The Brief.

I've been getting death threats due to my recent blog laziness so in order to preserve my own vitality I have decided to set down a few thoughts to satiate the masses.

1. My interviews went well. I looked cool.

2. On the way to school this morning I thought, perhaps, the wine from last night was still doing a number on me. It is not mardi gras season nor is it near any type of National costume-related holiday. However, a bearded man wearing a red silk robe and a bowler hat was riding his bicycle (with a clothed dog in the basket) down Freret street this morning. Yes, I thought I was hallucinating, too. But he was whistling. Can you see AND hear hallucinations?

3. My bestie, Megan, is spending a week down here with me. We are trying very hard not to kill each other. Megan is pretty much my sister (sometimes older, sometimes younger depending on our moods), she's known me since I was ten. Unfortunately, she picked the worst possible week in the history of mankind to visit me thanks to the appellate brief. So she's having to play by herself a lot, which makes me sad. And when we're together for longer than @ 3 hours we start to nitpick each other.
the real problem with Megan
1. she's prettier than me and that pisses me off
2. she thinks I'm pretty but when she says so I think she's lying
(3. these are largely thanks to my own issues, obviously)
4. she thinks I'm smarter than her so she's self-conscious around my school friends
5. she asks me permission to do things (turn on the fan, turn on the heat, etc.) which
makes me feel like a bad host/friend/southerner
6. she doesn't understand how much work I have to do
7. she lives too far away
8. she's the only human being on earth who knows when I'm kidding myself and she's
sometimes not smart enough to let me figure it out on my own
the real problem with this week
1. I have to do work
2. I wanna play with my sista.
3. Those two things seem to be mutually exclusive.
how I will solve the problem
1. go home at 8 to watch a movie and bake pizza and cookies and make guacomole (we
keep adding stuff to the menu...it's starting to get out of hand)
2. ride the streetcar to the quarter tomorrow and eat beignets and go to Mass
3. give her more hugs

4. I wear strange color schemes when I'm stressed out. For example, today I am sporting a melon-orangish-reddish shirt, green velour sweatpants, huge red hoop earrings, red flats, and a red and green ring...oh!...and my new chartreuse eyeshadow. Interesting, no doubt. But odd.

5. When I am stressed out I become obsessive-compulsive. For example, I applied my makeup alphabetically last night. Blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip gloss, mascara. Hmmm. I normally apply my makeup as follows: eyeshadow, eyeliner (if I'm wearing either), lipgloss, mascara, blush. So, you see, my routine last night was quite bizarre.

6. Megan hates my feet. I just do not care about feet. I walk on them, they get me places, they wear fun shoes. Who cares if they're dry and cracked and otherwise unattractive? Since she has arrived I have applied more lotion to my toes than I have in the entire school year.

7. It's lovely outside and I'm indoors.

8. My ring is red with green vines and a little ladybug on it. It's heavy. Makes my right ring finger really sweat to keep it upright. I should give my finger a rubdown tonight after all the strenuous ring-lifting exercise.

9. I miss my non-law school life.

10. I want to go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is a bowler hat?