Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Trolls, yes, Trolls


This is how I feel right now. I feel like my red hair (it would be cool if it was hot pink) is standing on end and in completely whoppyjawed (see translation below) fashion and my blue eyes are exploding out of their sockets (it would be cool if they were pupil-less...or are those sunglasses?) and the studious pencil of academia is shoved through my spleen. Today, I admit it, I hate law school...but those silly trolls do look rather happy. And there are three of them. That's it. I'm psychotic and am now suffering from multiple troll personalities. Yippee!!

Nah, don't worry about me. I have my appellate brief to keep me company. We're good friends, the appellate brief and I. I call him Alfie. If only he looked like Jude Law. Alas, he is a wreck of papers, some of which are decorated with curse words and blue highlighter drawings of puppy dogs. Alfie and I have bonded recently over outline formation. We argued briefly about which should come first, Annoying Issue #1 or Annoying Issue #2. I argued that since Annoying Issue #2 was the MOST annoying, I definitely wanted to get it out of the way first. But noooOOOOoooo, Alfie put his foot down and made me go with Annoying Issue #1 in the beginner slot. He's such a jerk.

But aside from organizational arguments we really do get along swimmingly. He thinks the whole blog idea is horribly de trop but he lets me post here while he hangs out with the other briefs in the student lounge. He has a special place in my apartment (no, to answer your question, we are NOT sleeping together) and I feed him bonbons and grapes whenever he's hungry. And occassionally he lets me go for walks in the park alone.

Well, Alfie is back from his smoke break and he's rolling his eyes so I guess that means I have to sign off for now. We have to hammer out Super-Ridiculous Sub-Issues #1-4 before he'll let me go home to watch Scrubs.

He insisted his name be highlighted in red. A Biblical reference I'm sure.

No comments: